If this is your first time visiting the CASE Communities site, you'll need to accept the terms of the community guidelines before you can participate in conversations.
Welcome to CASE Communities. Communities are forums for advancement professionals to get and share ideas, assistance, feedback and guidance from colleagues around the world in order to enhance their work on behalf of their institutions. Thank you for joining the conversation!
Please read and accept the following guidelines to help us ensure that you and all community members have the best experience possible. Please note that there are two primary types of communities: public communities that anyone can join, and private communities that are invitation-only.
- Don’t promote products, services or position openings: Promotion of non-CASE products and services is not allowed in any part of a community. Communities may not be used to collect names for business opportunities. Open positions should be posted to CASE Career Central; postings you see in the communities are fed from CASE Career Central.
- Be on topic: Information shared should relate to the purpose of the specific community. Please state concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line to allow community members to respond appropriately to your posting and search the archives by subject.
- Be respectful: Discussions and comments are meant to stimulate conversation rather than create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may, and keep responses professional and respectful.
- Take responsibility: Messages posted on CASE communities are the sole responsibility of the author. If you post documents or other materials, please be sure that you have the right to do so and that another individual or organization does not hold the copyright.
- Remember that you’re not alone: Anyone who is a member of a community can see what you say and share. Public communities may include subscribers who are not members of CASE, including vendors and media representatives.
- Take pride in your contributions to the profession: Given the value of information and resources shared within communities, CASE retains the exclusive right to distribute and archive any information posted to public communities and to create related resource collections deemed of value to CASE members.
- Share publicly, thank privately: Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals--not to the entire community. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link to the left of every message
- Minimize clutter: Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Don’t cross-post: Remember that there is overlap in community membership, so there is no need to send a message to all or multiple communities.
- Don’t send administrative messages: Manage your community participation the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or if you need assistance.
- Follow the rules: CASE retains the right to block individuals from CASE Communities for any reason, including the violation of any of these guidelines.
The Legal Stuff
This site is provided as a service for members of Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE). CASE is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by CASE or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall CASE be liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants CASE and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
CASE does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of CASE we will take all appropriate action.
CASE reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.